Monday, November 12, 2007

Your Tax Dollars at Work

While my own politics are something of a mess -- I can argue for or against almost anything depending on my mood -- I am fairly certain that the Board of Alderman in Milford, Connecticut is wasting its time on stuff that it shouldn't be:


The Board of Aldermen unanimously approved a resolution last week to ask Cablevision, the city's cable franchisee, to add the New England Sports Network to its lineup here . . .The resolution, proposed by Alderman Martin Hardiman, a lifelong Red Sox fan, passed more in a show of unity and support than anything else, officials said. It notes that Milford has Mets, Yankees and Red Sox partisans, and that baseball "is an important part of our community's common culture."

Now if you'll excuse me, I am off to Milford to sell a monorail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This cracked me up. My cousin, a lifelong Red Sox fan, lives in Milford and works in NYC. He's been trying for years to find a way to get NESN on his cable line up. I didn't realize his position was such a popular one!