Sunday, November 4, 2007

Business Trips Suck

The tragic irony of ShysterBall is that the very things that make it possible -- my ability to write coherently, to objectively analyze news and data, and to formulate (hopefully) persuasive arguments -- are the result of a legal career that keeps me from devoting the time and effort necessary to make this blog everything I want it to be.

What to do about it? Well, I'd gladly take a meeting with anyone reading this who has the power to hire someone to write about baseball full time. Short of that, I have to take my lumps and go on the occasional business trip, all the while thinking about the topics I would write about if I were able to remain snugly in front of my computer.

But travel it is for Monday, as I make a 24 hour jaunt to lovely Madison, Wisconsin to try and sort out a dispute between a couple of companies who can't find it within themselves to bury the hatchet and dismiss some litigation that no one -- most especially the people prosecuting it --enjoys. Absent a winter storm or suicide (the latter more likely than the former) I should be back ShysterBalling on Tuesday morning.

See you then.

No comments: