Monday, May 5, 2008

Roger is Sorry

Roger releases a comment on all the rogering:
Following a week in which the Daily News reported his affairs with several women, Clemens released a statement Sunday night apologizing for "mistakes in his personal life," while again denying he ever used performance-enhancing drugs.

"I need to say that I have made mistakes in my personal life for which I am sorry," Clemens said in a statement handed to the Houston Chronicle, a favorite outlet for Clemens and his lawyer Rusty Hardin.

"I have apologized to my family and apologize to my fans," Clemens said. "Like everyone, I have flaws. I have sometimes made choices which have not been right."

He doesn't say what he's going to do with the defamation suit, but this strikes me as something of a penultimate statement. The high heat, if you will, setting us up for the split finger pitch that is the dismissal and disappearance that is soon to follow.

No comments: