Monday, May 19, 2008

ShysterBall Commenter Blogs

A couple of longtime ShysterBall commenters have started blogs recently:

Luke Himebaugh recently began Random Baseball Thoughts which implies that it will be about an awful lot. Knowing Luke, however, it will have a healthy amount of Detroit Tigers angst as well. He kicks things off with his version of Playing Favorites, and it's a fun read.

Ron Rollins, who you may know as "64 Cardinals" has started a blog about his recent move (i.e. last week) to the U.K. to connect with his young daughter, drink warm beer, and figure out exactly why British people like darts so damn much. Go back to the beginning for statement of purpose and all of that. Ron has a pretty direct way of putting things which makes his musings enjoyable to read.

And of course, the granddaddy of ShysterBall commenter blogs, It IS About the Money, Stupid, continues to hum along.

Let me know if I'm missing anyone. I tend to wait a while before adding new blogs to my blogroll because, hey, life happens and it's hard to keep one going after the initial burst of inspiration fades. Still, I'd like to keep track of this stuff, so let me know in the comments if you're writing about anything you'd like to share with the rest of the class.

Well, almost anything. I don't plan on reading MySpace pages devoted to emo bands or what have you.

5 comments:

Jon Shepherd said...

Oh, I run Camden Depot. We did little napkin scratch analysis of the Baltimore Orioles and sometimes (rarely) stray into more mainstream things like PEDs, pitching counts, etc.

We are kind of a minor league version of the Hardball Times with Orioles myopia.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

really? I'm the granddaddy of commenter blogs? I had no idea, but I love the title. I will wear it with pride, though the folks here at work won't understand the red sash I am making up to celebrate the designation.

FrostKing said...

I haven't commented on here before, but I check for updates every day. I run a blog of my own (another O's-centric one; frostkingbaseball.blogspot.com) but I think it pales in comparison to Crawdaddy's Camden Depot. If you have a chance, then I highly recommend checking it out, and keep up the fantastic work yourself.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a frequent commenter, since I usually feel you've said all that needs to be said, but I am an avid reader and I recently started a blog called Dropped Third Strike (www.droppedthirdstrike.wordpress.com). It would mean a lot to me if you would consider glancing at it in a free moment. 2 posts ago (at the time of this writing) I quoted your post about the student who ran on to the field during NYU graduation. (you'll have to forgive my quoting your entire piece--I'm an NYU student and yours is my favorite blog so I couldn't resist). It would be amazing if at some point you decided to add DTS to your blogroll, but I would also be tremendously grateful for any advice or feedback you might have. If you do get a chance to check it out, you might consider looking at the first post (Baby Steps) to get a sense of the voice and direction. Thanks a lot!

tHeMARksMiTh said...

I read your blog all the time. I recently started writing for Braves-Report, but I want to write about more than just the Braves so I started Rounding the Bases (on blogger as well) to do just that. My first post is about the braves, but they won't all be.