Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bizarro World

Check out the sweet cover art for this week's SI.

Here's a philosophical question: am I a bigger comics geek for getting off on the fact that Mark Bagley did the cover or am I bigger baseball geek for immediately noticing that the Rays and Yankees are wearing the wrong uniforms for a game in Yankee Stadium?

Tie breaker: I noticed that Jeter's name was on the back of his jersey too, and that's just wrong, man.

(link via BTF, where some hardcore comics opinions can be found in the thread for those interested)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

May be wrong, but I think those "errors" are meant to be intentional, consistent with the Bizarro theme.

Craig Calcaterra said...

Ahhh, good point.

Levi Stahl said...

Do you think that in Bizarro World, Jeter really is the flawless fielder that many claim he is in our world?

Craig Calcaterra said...

In Bizarro World, Jeter is exactly like he is now, but everyone else accurately assesses his talents and accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

In Bizarro World, Jeter wears A-Rod's number.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

In the Bizarro world:

1) Hank's comments result in something other than newspaper print
2) ARod wear's Jeter's number
3) Abreu wakes up


And I hate, hate, hate that there are adult Yankee jerseys sold (at Modells for example) with names on the back. I get it for the kids sizes, but why adults? Never has been, never will be. Dumb.

/rant over

s1c said...

Got my copy in the mail today and started laughing, then looked at my wife and said, best ever cover!