Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Banny Steals My Bit!

From Joe Posnanski's report on the Lester no hitter:

There’s no manual telling a player what to say after getting no-hit. There’s no sense of how you are supposed to feel. Pitcher Brian Bannister dresses in front of his locker. He watched the whole thing, of course, and felt the agony with his teammates. Brian is never at a loss for words. Now, though, he says he doesn’t really know what to say.

"I’ll say this, if someone had to throw a no-hitter against us, I’m glad it was Jon," he finally says. "That’s just an amazing story. As a fellow pitcher, I can see just how amazing this is. It hurts to get no-hit, but, think about what he did. You know, that’s why I love this game."


God, he loves baseball!

(thanks to Russ for the link)

1 comment:

tadthebad said...

You're a good man, Brian Bannister.