Friday, September 26, 2008

Called Out

Richard Dansky is calling me out over at Sportsthodoxy:
Earlier this week, Shysterball's Craig Calcaterra made a fateful pronouncement. Looking at the Phillies' 14-2 season record against the Braves, he described the Bravos as, and I quote, "Wookies." Since then, the Phillies have seen their two best starters lose, and the Mets and Brewers rediscover this wacky game called "baseball" . . .

. . . The message is clear. Oppose the wrath of the wookies and pay a terrible price. It happened to the Empire, and now it's happening to the Phillies. Shyster, I blame you.
Look Dansky, you can blame me all you want, but in the end, you had better let the Wookiees win, because Phillies don’t pull people’s arms out of their sockets when they lose.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mind you, I thought the '93 Phillies were wookies...

Unknown said...

Yeah, maybe Phillies don't pull arms out of sockets, but you just don't know *what* that Phanatic thing might be capable of...

Daniel said...

Have you seen Ryan Howard? I think I might just let him win a game of Dejarik.

scatterbrian said...

Who's the more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows the Phillies?

Unknown said...

One little incident with the bomb squad and nobody will cut the Phanatic any slack. Next thing you know, he's going to be pulled over for DWG.

And I can't help it, Scatterbrian. I've been hooked ever since the game when Mike Schmidt flipped my dad the bird.