Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bad Medicine

Clearly the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge houses some sort of time travelling device. How else to explain this:

A lucky group of Staten Islanders came away with free Bon Jovi tickets early this morning.The rest are out of luck.

By 9:46 a.m., all 1,500 tickets to the free July 15 concert in Central Park that were available at Richmond County Bank Ballpark in St. George had been given away. The ticket frenzy meant only the most devoted were rewarded in a crowd that had begun
lining up before sundown last night.
The Bon Jovi concert is part of the All-Star Game festivities. I'm assuming that the game itself is sold out already, but if they are having trouble selling tickets for some reason, they can simply tell people in Staten Island that Dave Winfield, Hubie Brooks, and Teddy Higuera will be playing. The tickets would be gone in a jiffy.

That is, assuming the Islanders didn't spend all of their money on McDLTs and Swatch watches.

3 comments:

Alex Brissette said...

Man, MLB has some real trouble keeping up with popular music. At last year's ASG (or maybe homerun derby) they had the Counting Crows play a song that was a hit at least 5 years ago. But wow, Bon Jovi?

Anonymous said...

I think MLB might be acknowledging the fact that they have no new fans who enjoy current pop music. They probably also realized that the Counting Crows were way too "current" and so went with something a little more appropriate.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

I'm not embarrassed to say this, though maybe I should be:

I am seeing the Bon Jovi concert in MSG the Monday night before the All Star Game. I am then going to the ASG Tuesday night.

Worse: my brother is flying cross-country to join me at both. (then again, he nailed the ASG tix.)

And I'll be taking my kids to Fan Fest the Saturday before it all.