Monday, July 28, 2008

Going for the Gold

Some people have complained about the Olympics dropping baseball after this go around, but I don't see it as a big loss. I mean really, when the composition of the team is based on who has or has not been designated for assignment recently, the concept of "Citius, Altius, Fortius" ain't exactly being honored. Here's Mets manager Jerry Manuel commenting on what went into the decision to catapult Brandon Knight onto the US Team and onto glory:
"We needed another body"

USA! USA! USA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This just in: Jim Riggleman suggests Steve Trachsel as the first starter for the USA Olympics team.

Says Rigs: "I realize he isn't the typical #1 starter, but I think we should use the spot as a way to get Trachs some innings. I just feel like every time he goes out there he can throw some good pitches."