Friday, October 3, 2008

And That Happened

I know I said I was done with this for the year, but between driving back home from Detroit, tending to a barfing three year-old, and then watching the debate, I ended up missing all of the games yesterday. The least I can do, then, is run 'em down all quick-like:

Dodgers 10, Cubs 3
: The Cubs sure picked the wrong time to play their worst baseball, huh?

Phillies 5, Brewers 2: If you had told Dale Sveum before the game that Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, and Pat Burrell would combine to go 0-10 with seven strikeouts, he would have felt pretty darn good about his team's chances. That's numbers for you.

Rays 6, White Sox 4: So much for youthful inexperience. Ozzie Guillen on Longoria: "This guy is a star. He's going to be an outstanding ballplayer. You see his face on the field, and you just know he's going to be a great, great player." Man, I wish that loose cannon would quit throwing verbal bombs like that. He's a total embarrassment.

1 comment:

Vegas Watch said...

I like how you can tell Longoria is going to be a great player because of his face. Not the two homers. His face.