Thursday, January 31, 2008

Up to Lexington, 1-2-5 . . .

Well, Park Avenue anyway:
Major League Baseball plans to build a home on 125th Street, Harlem’s premier boulevard, for its cable network, which is scheduled to make its debut early next year with some 50 million subscribers, real estate and baseball executives said on Wednesday.
I'm pretty sure that if a bass-ackwards organization like the Big Ten can make its network more or less work, Major League Baseball should have no problem. Still, you'd think that they'd at least wait to make sure of that before building a place. I mean, there's nothing wrong with renting for a little while, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you weren't my favorite baseball blogger already, the VU reference just put you over the top.

Craig Calcaterra said...

What can I say? This blog is my life. It's my wife.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the Big Ten Network doesn't work. Eighty percent of viewers in Big Ten states can't get it.

Last year: Fans saw every game of their favorite team.

This year: Out of sight, out of mind.

Also: Each BTN game has two 30-second commercials. The rest are BTN promos. Advertisers know no one is watching.