Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Greatest Day in Baseball

On Saturday, KC Star columnist and Soul of Baseball writer Joe Posnanski will be hosting a special event at the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum:


The theme is: Your greatest day in baseball. There will be all sorts of guest stars — Royals Hall of Famer Frank White will be there along with captain Mike Sweeney, general manager Dayton Moore, announcer Ryan Lefebvre and numerous others.

We’ll talk about their favorite days and some of us will stick around afterward to sign my book, The Soul of Baseball: A Road Trip Through Buck O’Neil’s America, which is filled with some of the best days of my life. All proceeds will go to the Negro Leagues.

Makes me wish I was in KC. If, like me, you can't make it, however, Posnanski is accepting submissions of your greatest baseball memory, which you can email to him at jposnanski@kcstar.com, some of which he will read at the event and include a few in a later column. Spiffy!


Yeah, I sent him one. You should too.