Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mmmmmm . . .Soy Dogs!

Nationals Stadium may be green, but Appalachian Power Park is more PETA-friendly:

The home of the West Virginia Power baseball team ranks 10th in a list of vegetarian-friendly minor league ballparks.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals released the rankings. Norfolk, Va.-based PETA says the home of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats in Manchester, N.H., has the top vegetarian fare, with offerings such as veggie burgers and grilled-vegetable sandwiches.
Color me skeptical. I'm from West Virginia, and I can't remember the last meal I had there that didn't involve gravy of some kind.

4 comments:

Levi Stahl said...

I would love to have veggie dogs available at Wrigley Field. Lack of veggie options (beyond the terrifyingly cheesy Connie's Pizza) is the main reason (aside from my cheapness) that I carry food in when I go.

On a baseball road trip back in 2004, I found the best veggie food of any park I visited to be at the new Tiger Stadium, where I was able to get falafel!

Anonymous said...

Every ballpark I've ever been to has Cracker Jack. As far as I'm concerned, that's plenty of vegetarian fare.

Anonymous said...

shyster - i think this is the second use of this smith's record - as a long time smiths hater i remember these things.

Craig Calcaterra said...

You are correct, Anon. I couldn't remember when I used it before, but I know I did. Had to find the pic again, though, because I had deleted it the first time.